Project Paperclip is a project mentioned quite a bit in conspiracy theories, however there is very little to no evidence that it ever happened or existed as the conspiracy theorists would have you think. Never the less, I will try to put into the place the information that seems to keep reappearing in the different documents I have read referring to it.

After World War II ended in 1945, allied intelligence troups began to search for military and scientific information, prototypes, etc. What they found however was much more valuable: the scientists whose work had nearly won the war for Germany. The engineers and intelligence officers of the Nazi War Machines.

The allied forces collected the Nazi scientists and brought them to US. The scientists at first were only meant to be debriefed, however on interrogation they soon discovered that the scientists knew more than they showed. The US government had found scientists that aided in the work of FF (Foo Fighters, or flying discs to you and me) Craft, laser technology, and soldier engineering.

The US wanted their goods, and they wanted it bad - they made a deal with the scientists; they could (a) Help them and when there work is done become one Joe. Q. Average or (b) Suffer at the hands of there already committed war crimes (I'll touch a bit on this later). Most scientists, needless to say, went with A.

According to most sources the acts against humanity that the Nazi scientists committed were so horrid they are evil to even imagine, killing hundreds of "test subjects" - the majority of who were Jewish.

Its at this point details get quite fuzzy - some say they did there jobs and the US now has (for quite awhile mind you) the technology listed above. Others say they died trying to finish their work. Never the less the events in question, be them fact or fallacy are quite fascinating.


Editor's Note: The fact that Project Paperclip existed is a matter of public record.