I'm still in my apartment. I had planned to leave it for walks today, but the weather was sort of absolute crap, so I didn't. I'm near-normal active at this point, though.

My incisions are clearly starting to heal, as they've begun itching. Oh hooray. I am cleared to remove the tape sealing them today but I think I'll leave it on another day or two as it's not wearing off in any way, and I'm more comfortable knowing the sites are sealed vs. infection (mostly). Given that my temperature is 98.2 F, I think I can safely say I have so far avoided infection. Which is good.

Looks like I'll only take the hydrocodone twice today, once at rising and once before going to bed. This too is a good sign.

Today I tried powdered Miso Soup - that seemed to go down OK, as did the low-sodium vegetable juice I tried a cup of. Other than that, I've had half a protein shake diluted with water, a sugar-free popsicle, and approximately 30 oz of plain or sugar-free flavored water. I've taken in 135 calories from last Sunday night to today, total, and I've taken in approximately 105 calories today. I begin to see both how people survive on no food when stranded and how people lose a lot of weight from this surgery.

Twice today I bounced off the limits of my new stomach capacity. I managed to stop before making myself sick both times, but it's still a fairly shockingly small amount, I have to say. Everyone tells me my stomach will stretch out a bit in the next few months, and even in ideal cases it will allow for a bit more room by the end of the summer. I hope so, or staying nutrated (is that a word? No, probably not - staying fed) will become a bit of a chore. It's already difficult to keep down the 64oz of water or equivalent fluid they want me to drink a day, requiring lots of attention and time over the day to keep slowly sipping. Both times I bounced off the capacity were times I forgot and took a slug of whatever I was drinking. Ow.

Weight: 306.5 (~25 lb down since April 19, 2016)