The Good:

  • My local parks appear to be populated by horny fireflies.
  • It wasn't as nastily hot today as it was yesterday.
  • I'm not yet unable to pay my rent. One month closer, but not there yet.
  • There is a thirty pound cat lying on his back atop my left foot looking at me expectantly.
  • WALL-E

The Bad:

  • Much is the same as last week. And the week before that. And so forth.
  • My (big) car is still dead in a garage in New Jersey.
  • I let my driver's license expire and need to get a new one.
  • My right eye is still doing suspicious things since the recent unpleasantness.
  • It still appears unlikely George W. Bush and Richard Cheney et al will pay for their actions as they deserve.

The Ugly:

  • Finally got pulled into pure politics at work.
  • American Top Gear.
  • The state of the world in general.
  • UPDATE: So despite the fact that the opthalmologist treating me for subepithelial infiltrates following my episode claims that they're all gone, my right eye is still screwed up. He says it's just fine and I just need a new prescription, but somehow neither of the two optometrists I went to see could correct my right eye enough to stop me having double vision. Even using bifocals (ugh). FUCK.
  • Hancock.
  • For me personally, the knowledge that my life with all its problems would seem like paradise to 99.99% of the world's population, and the fact that that doesn't make me feel any better.