Be still my blood pressure.

I guess I should be flattered, but I'm *not*.

Apparently someone desperate to complete NaNoWriMo has decided it will be simpler to just wholesale copy my story "The New York Magician" off Everything2.com and present the work as their own.

A user on LiveJournal.com, who is also on both tumblr.com and NaNoWriMo, has posted 61,000+ words of my work and claimed that they are hers.

I'm pursuing DMCA takedowns but honestly? That isn't enough to lower my blood pressure.

I think I need to have a couple drinks to calm down.

Apparently, according to Jet-Poop, she's stolen other Everything2.com content from other users as well. :-(

Update:

Well, okay, I feel marginally better. tumblr.com agreed with me that the content was mine, as did NaNoWriMo. Both seem to have taken quick action. LiveJournal isn't so much an issue, as what was there was links to the tumblr content, but I'm still hoping to smack down the posts where she claims the work as hers.

Thanks to all here for moral and logistical support, especially Jet-Poop, Sonnekki and auraseer.

Update update:

The person in question has responded to my initial email, and has removed the content, as requested (removed LJ entry, made her tweets private), and sent me an email attempting to explain her actions. I don't really care about explanations, but since she has removed my content at my request, I will remove her usernames from this and other posts. I guess this is a 'happy ending' for the problem - but it's hard to see it as such. My paranoia level over writing online has gone up, and having to deal with this wasn't fun at all - I hate being the heavy. Still, better this, and I must give her credit for actually answering the email and owning up.