Instant brownie mix is for wussies.
This recipe makes the best brownies ever.
Note that above, where it says "chocolate", it means chocolate. If you make these brownies with "cooking chocolate", "chocolate style cake covering", or, gods forbid, Hershey bars, then things will not go well for you.
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 163°C / gas mark 3.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt
- Place butter, sugar and water in small saucepan; bring just to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add 150g chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325°F / 163°C / Gas mark 3 for 30 minutes
- Cut when cold.