user since
Thu Oct 24 2002 at 20:29:26 (21.5 years ago )
last seen
Thu Jan 15 2004 at 06:30:57 (20.3 years ago )
number of write-ups
5 - View Tekunokurato's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 28
school/company
Babson College
most recent writeup
American Psycho
Send private message to Tekunokurato

Real Name: Jack Phelps

Address:
Box 2367
Babson College
Babson Park, MA 02457
jphelps-at-babson-dot-edu

Babson College finance major. Business/Technology editor for Babson Free Press, Teacher for Babson Entrepreneurial Teaching Alliance and The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship, Resident Assistant, Campus Activities Board Film Chair, and all around level-headed guy.

Likes:
Technology, biking, media, film, gaming, business, finance, investing, thinking, debating, sci-fi/fantasy, anime, efficiency, Michael Moore, interesting music, being an early adopter

Dislikes:
U.S. political, economic, and foreign policy, offending businesses (prime example: Wal*Mart), ignorant people (unless they truly want to learn), the expense involved in being an early adopter

Political Stance:
Rational Anarchist, Green Party registered voter

Investment Philosophy:
Wall Street is slow. Be faster- look at what consumers are buying and using, look at people who incite trends. Fashion experts can predict the next big trend without fail, so why can't investors? Long term growth!

A Small Sample of Important Quotes:

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
"But being rational, he knows that not all individuals hold his evaluations, so he tries to live perfectly in an imperfect world... aware that his efforts will be less than perfect yet undismayed by self-knowledge of self-failiure."
"God fights on side of heaviest artillery."
-The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams

Inigo Montoya: Who are you?
Westley: No one of consequence.
Inigo Montoya: I must know!
Westley: Get used to disappointment.
-The Princess Bride

If PacMan had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to electronic music
-A Slashdot post

"Can I be your friend when you become self-aware?"
-A valid question for an artificial intelligence

"There is hope, but not for us."
-Kafka

"For a list of the ways in which technology has failed to improve our quality of life, press 3."
-Unknown

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
-ThinkGeek T-shirt

"Morality makes stupid.-- Custom represents the experiences of men of earlier times as to what they supposed useful and harmful - but the sense for custom (morality) applies, not to these experiences as such, but to the age, the sanctity, the indiscussability of the custom. And so this feeling is a hindrance to the acquisition of new experiences and the correction of customs: that is to say, morality is a hindrance to the development of new and better customs: it makes stupid."
-Nietzsche

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
-Plato

"Trust in Allah, but tie your camel."
-Arabian Proverb

Nobody wants to admit this. It is the Internet's dirty little secret that when a company complains to an ISP about its shitty latency and packet loss rates, it is NOT because Mr. PHB can't check his stock portfolio (after all, he can do this over a modem with 20%+ packet loss and a ping of 500 ms). It is because somebody in the IT staff just got fragged by an LPB.
-nyet


Updated as of 10/24/02