A text-only drug-dealing simulation game published in 1992 by FantasyWare.

Druglord puts you in the shoes of a smalltime drug dealer in the late 80's/early 90's. The basic premise is that you buy drugs at a cheap price in one city, travel to another city and sell them at a high price. As you make profitable deals you gain status points, indicating a higher status in the drug world, until finally you can just retire and enjoy the good life. Sounds simple, but along the way you have to deal with robbers, blackmailers, police, and last but not least the extremely volatile drug market.

There are 8 different drugs you can deal: Ludes, speed, weed, crystal, acid, heroin, crack, and cocaine. Cocaine is the most expensive and also has the highest difference in price between cities, so it's easiest to make a high profit from it. There are also 8 cities you can travel to: Chicago, Detroit, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Diego, and Washington D.C.. Although there is a great fluctation in drug prices, some drugs tend to be cheaper in certain cities than others (e.g. cocaine is usually cheap on the east coast and expensive on the west coast). As you progress through the game you'll be approached by an arms dealer who can sell you guns (which are extremely helpful when you're being chased by cops). The guns range from the measly .22 cal. Saturday Night Special to the mighty AK-47 Assault Rifle. You will also be able to buy trenchcoats, which enable you to carry more drugs, which in turn enables you to make a lot more profit from each deal. Should you ever need any cash, you can visit the loan shark and he'll lend you some. Just make sure you pay him back on time, or else his goons will rough you up.

Druglord does get rather monotonous once you get started, as the routine "buy drugs, travel, sell drugs" is repeated over and over again, but it's still very amusing for short amounts of time. It's the kind of game that gets old pretty fast, but you can keep it on your hard drive and when you play it six months from now it'll be fun again.

A copy of the game can be downloaded at http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1982/cool.html