we know of an ancient radiation
that haunts dismembered constellations
of faintly glimmering radio stations



Less than 0.01% of television ever broadcast is available to watch,
said the speaker at the conference today, aiming to change this state of affairs.
Showing figures of declining costs of terabyte storage, and slides of a plan for networked Digital Video Recorders, exchanging torrent seeds to serve you anything shown any time.
On demand. Crowdsourcing.

The only way to watch some old, lost episodes of Doctor Who (Staring William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton or Jon Pertwee) is to go to Alpha Centauri.
He said.
And you and I know that this will of course not work, since those broadcasts crossed that distance in 4.7 years, arriving before the 1960s even ended.
And anyway, you can't go faster than the broadcast which is just light. You can't even catch up.
You'd need a time machine

But some super-massive black hole somewhere might bend the signals. At an angle.
So if you head for the place where the signals will go, the third side of the triangle.
You might get there first.
Of course this will take dedication. Millions of years of travel by earth's point of view.
Probably hundreds by yours.
Since super-massive black hole are rare and distant, galactic cores and the like.
And the signals will be far too faint by then, just part of the general background static. They're too faint for us to decode by the time they leave the solar system, apparently.
The costs would be unthinkable. But in a sense it's possible.

Instead, perhaps someone else out there has recorded it as it came past.

Beyond the suns that guard this roost
Beyond your flower of flaming truth
Beyond your latest ad campaigns...