When: February 28, 2003 - March 2, 2003
Where: My place and various other Atlanta Locations.
Why: Do you really need a reason?

So here's the deal. I want to have a party. I have a pretty big apartment and nothing to do that weekend so I figure why not have a bunch of overly intelligent people come hang out and entertain me. I will have different kinds of beer and alcohol around but if you have something specific that you prefer then bring it with you. I'll have food and stuff too but feel free to bring that kind of stuff.

The actual party will be the night of March 1. People are welcome to sleep at my place as early as Friday night and you can stick around till whenever on Sunday. I'll be available by 6pm at the latest on Friday but possibly earlier. There will also be other noders around so just let me know what you need and we'll work around it. Standard practice applies, msg me if you are coming and let me know if you need a place to stay.

Contact Info/Directions

678-522-4766 - This is my cell phone. I have it with me 99% of the time. If I don't answer right away it is either because I'm in the sack with a hot chick or I'm on the shitter. Either way, just leave a message. KTHX

In order to get a map to my place use http://maps.yahoo.com. Once you get to the apt. complex, which should be pretty easy cause it's the first complex on the right once you cross Pleasantdale Road, go to the right and use the call box to look for Patrick Chapman. Dial the associated number on the box and it will ring my cell phone and I will let you in. I am in apt. 5106.

Apt. Complex Address
7100 Dawson Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30340

Activities
Not sure. I figure the main activity will be hanging out. Everything else will depend on the number of people that we have. There is plenty of stuff we can do and we'll just play it by ear. If you have any specific requests let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Trip to R. Thomas has been requested. We'll have to see how feasible it is depending on number of people.

Dann has suggested a nodeslam. We don't really have time to do the voting system Walter dreamed up for the last one so just pick a node you want to read aloud on Saturday night and be prepared. If you want to hear something specific from someone just /msg them with the request.

Okay, the nodeslam is on full force. Everyone who wants to participate should send me three nodes they want to read. The nodes need to be in my inbox by the end of the day server time on 2/16. Voting for nodes to be read will commence on 2/17.

nocte is bringing some new fangled camera type device that works with floppy disks. If you want some pictures taken to take home then bring a floppy or two.

Disclaimer
Here's the shitty disclaimer part. I don't live in a dorm so the rules aren't as tight as they were last time but I need some semblence of order. The rules are as follows:
  1. Underage corruption will not take place.
  2. No drinking and driving.
  3. I reserve the right to hide your keys.
  4. No hospital trips.
I know your looking at the rules and thinking "well that sounds like a trip to boresville". It will still be fun and the rules are mostly to cover my ass. I'm not going to babysit but I expect everyone to be mature and take care of themselves.

Lodging

Those of you who will be staying with a noder here in town may need the following equipment: If you aren't staying with myself or some other local noder and you want a hotel I thought I would lend a hand. If you want to stay somewhere near my place then try the following hotel. I can't vouch for it's quality but here you go.

Comfort Inn
2001 Clearview Ave
Atlanta, GA 30340
(770) 280-2983

If you want to stay in the "downtown" area, which is near jethro bodine and company then pretty much any hotel listed as being in Atlanta would be suitable. The action will be all over the place so your lodging all boils down to personal preference. If you have a particular hotel you want to stay in and you are wondering if you are close to a noder residence just /msg me and I'll let you know.

Phyllis Stein says here's a hot tip for your gathering that helped me out last time: there is a Crowne Plaza hotel off of Abernathy Rd. in North Atlanta that charges $185 per night. BUT if you tell them that you are in town to visit the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, they will give you a room for $65. nice deal, eh?



Attendees
I didn't think it would come this but I present the Maybe folk
Not coming but wishes he could and demanded his own category
Not coming
Assignments were made via psuedo random choice. /msg me if you want to stay elsewhere. Don't worry if you aren't listed as staying with someone, there is plenty more space.
* - Staying at El Casino de Mentiras
& - Staying with Iconoplast
! - Staying with jessicapierce
% - Staying at The Engine Room
# - Staying at Accipiter's place
Nodeslam

These are the nodeslam participants and their elligible nodes. As you can see I have numbered the nodes for each participant. Please commence voting at your leisure. I would like the votes to be sent to me in the following format (variables are in all caps): USERNAME: NODENUMBER, USERNAME: NODENUMBER, etc. For those of you who still haven't caught on an example would be Spackle: 1 which would be a vote for the first writeup listed under Spackle. You have until 2/27 to vote so take your time.

Spackle
  1. Wheelchair Tricks: The Drinking Approach
  2. How to use an escalator in a wheelchair
  3. Strange things homeless people (urban outdoorsmen) have said to me.
dann
  1. Carthage
  2. Dmitri Mendeleev
  3. A Sample Wedding Ceremony
Scribe
  1. A Mucha girl
  2. Punish me with kisses
  3. Dream Log: January 31, 2003
nocte
  1. Limburger
  2. I love you even when I am heartless
  3. Tweeker
LaggedyAnne
  1. Life isn't a box of raisins
  2. How to get rid of spiders before they get rid of YOU
  3. I'm related to people I don't relate to
Jurph
  1. Using a Jedi Mind Trick on State Troopers
  2. Is it better to run or walk in the rain?
Accipiter
  1. Futility
  2. Pretending to be Webster 1913 to score at parties
ModernAngel
  1. ON losing my strip club cherry
  2. Rockefeller Drug Laws
  3. How to Fall Out of Love
Walter
  1. my first protest
  2. soar winner
  3. See jane. See jane run.
Feldar
  1. Jews for Jesus followed my friend Yosef into a single-toilet restroom