I really want to be shocked. I wish I could flip the news on one day and be totally floored by what I see.

But it never happens. I wasn't even surprised or shocked when that lady drown her five kids in Houston. I mean, it's really sad and I hope she fries in hell, but I wasn't shocked. I remember when I saw it on the news one morning in Boston. I just said "damn", and went about my business.

Kids get killed in schools and I'm not surprised. I'm angered, I feel sympathy for the kids killed and their families, I even feel sad for the kid that did the shooting and/or blowing up of something. But I'm never shocked.

At this point, I don't even know what it is that would shock me.

To be perfectly honest, I've been truly shocked one time in the last year, and that was when my mom told me she was seeing a black man. And that was funny-relieved shock, not serious shock.

So, what would shock me?

-The U.S. lifting trade sanctions against Cuba and Iraq would shock me.
-Any government in the world standing up to China and their bullshit human rights record would shock me.
-If a company would come out and say, "You know? We don't give a damn about what the stock market says.", that would shock me.
-If politicians would admit that they have no idea what they're doing, that would shock me.

I suppose I have a better chance of being hit by a lesbian driving a Ford 2-ton truck.