Many people know these rules because they seem to be common sense. However, a small amount of the human population that can drive has no common sense, and for them I offer this list of unwritten but necessary driving rules.
  • On a two lane highway, the right lane is for you slow people. The left is the passing lane. If you're on a stroll stick to the right. And if you are in the left lane and someone is behind you, get your butt over! Many people seem to enjoy switching to the left lane and then cruising at the exact same speed as the car right next to them in the right lane, creating a "stupid driver barrier".
  • In some instances however, a person in the left lane is genuinely trying to pass the car on the right. You see, every so often one of you slowpokes in the right lane realize you're not going as fast as you'd like the instant someone tries to pass you. DO NOT speed up! This is not a drag strip, where you must close the gap. It was your own fault for going so slow, let the guy pass you, unless you'd like to make a barrier for any cars behind the two of you.
  • In 3+ lane highways, the middle lane is for you slowpokes. The left is for passing again. The right is for exiting, entering and lost people. Why does it seem there are so many people in this lane. If you're just cruisin', get in the middle lane. Some of us actually need to get over to that exit. I'd rather not perform a stunt maneuver to do so.


Disclaimer: This is for those of you in the U.S. and any other country that follows U.S standards.