This is where I spent most of my time for more than three months.

Yes, you must take everything with you. Yes, I know this is the only ride in the park with that rule. Yes, I know you have cell phones; everyone has cell phones. No, I will not hold your cell phone for five dollars. Yes, you have to wear clothes.

Working here was not really work. Above all, I did nothing. You see, of the five to eight positions we could work at, three involved sitting still, watching the rafts go by, and under no circumstances were we to be doing anything else. Mostly I spent this time desperately trying not to fall asleep. One of the best things this job did for me was to give me a much higher tolerance for boredom.

Things I Learned:

If the line is short, people will ride. It doesn't matter that it's 65 degrees Fahrenheit, it's raining, they have six cellphones, and they don't want to get wet. They will ride, and will most probably come back with pure hatred in their eyes.

If things go in the water, we will (usually) eventually get them back, but you probably don't want them after that; that water is gross.

No matter how loudly or often you repeat something over a loudspeaker, people will ignore you, but talking to them directly almost always works.

SuperCat is super awesome.

And most importantly, when you spend every waking hour around the same people for months, you'll make some really close friends.