Thursday at a Second-Tier School

I'm one of those at a "second-tier" school: I froze during the logic portion of the LSATs, and, impatient as always, I wasn't willing to wait the year to take them again, and I felt it unjust to shell out a few thousand for a LSAT preparatory course when I could start this journey now.

I'm an evening student, which means I work 9 hours a day, commute 1 hour into the city, take three to four hours of class a night, then commute 1 1/2 hours home (carpooling).

Tonight is Contracts. How can we be bound? Only by our consent? What were the rules for unilateral contracts again? On a Thursday, my eyes heavy with sleep, these are not my concerns. Instead I daydream: why are contracts K? Why have my true loves also been K's? What is consent anyway?

Thursday nights, the accumulation of the week causes strange things. Last Thursday I almost destroyed a woman who reminds me too much of a stripper I once knew. I wonder if she shares my lurid secret past, and then I wonder how I can destroy her.

Luckily, at a second-tier school, as our Civil Procedure Professor professed, I imagine it will be easier to get to the top of the heap. Will I transfer to trade up or get an easier commute or save money? I don't know. I like being the big fish in the small pond, and if my grades come out the way I think they might (crossed fingers), I'll have a tough decision ahead.