I am proud to say that I am homeschooled. The only time I have been in a public school was for kindergarten, and I don't remember much about that except that it wasn't very pleasant. I am quite used to getting along, and living peacefully, with all types of people. Regardless of age, race, background, religious beliefs, etc., I see people as people and like them all, unless I have a good specific reason not to. Contary to some people's image of homeschoolers, I have not been brought up in a bubble. In fact, I am about to go off to college in a month, and it's not going to be that major of a change for me (besides the leaving family, home, and pets part...I'll hate that). I am probably a lot more comfortable socializing with absolutly anyone than your typical public highschool student. While I can't speak for all homeschoolers by any means, I have found staying out of the public education system has led me to have a more democratic sense of mind than I have seen in many a public school graduate. But I do know that's not the case with all homeschoolers. Especially the ones who are homeschooled almost strictly for religious purposes (or "safety" combined with religion). Those children do tend to get raised in bubbles and have a much harder time dealing with the idea of democracy, if they even choose to try to at all. Those are the types of homeschool families I do not support very much. But don't get me wrong, there are plenty of families who homeschool their children for religious reasons, but yet honestly prepare them for the way the world really works. And those children have a much greater potential for turning out with a democratic sense of mind.
Just my two cents....