Nomic is a game of law creation and legislation invented by Peter Suber and presented in his book The Paradox of Self Amendment. The game was also presented in the Metamagical Themas column of Scientific American by Douglas Hofstadter.

It starts out with a minimal ruleset, which lays out a framework, gives a simple method of winning, and gives a workable set of rules for changing those rules. Players then start out taking turns proposing rule changes and voting on those changes.

Games can diverge wildly from the initial ruleset, because it all depends on the whims of the players, and there are no set limits to what the rules can become. Even the rules for how the rules are changed can themself be changed, or eliminated completely, if the players decide. Absolutely no statement about the goals of the game, or how the game is played, can apply to ever game of Nomic, because absolutely everything can be changed.

I would have to say that Nomic is very much like Everything in a way. After all, everything takes on the personality of its noders as they add content, vote, and the like. Similarly, a nomic will take on the personality of its players as they create, change, and remove rules.