Vancouver ... at 32 I finally found my way home. Although I had never been here, as soon as I saw Stanley Park and the city lights going North over the hill on 37th street I knew I was here to stay.

They say homes are just like a twin, there is one for everyone. Something about me picked Vancouver, BC. Coming from the Melting Pot that is the U.S.A. I was gladdened to see that Vancouver was not that way. The first thing I noticed was contrary to the U.S.A. is that, though there are several races that call Vancouver home, they do not necessarily melt together. It is like someone said in the US "Come into our country and figure out how to fit in with the social norm and the status quo" but it seemed to me in Vancouver that they were saying "Come into our country and figure out how to get along with your differences"

The first time I went into T&T Market I experienced a very wierd feeling of trespassing. T&T's is an Asian specialty market. It felt disconcerting to be such an obvious minority. =] I shop in there a lot now and the feeling has lessened but not disappeared, but I have gotten used to it. (Their mousses are wonderful!)

The first time I went to Wreck Beach however I felt immediately at ease =D . There are not many differences to be thought of when you are nekkid. Funny that, eh?


on a later note:
I wanted to thank all the people that put the softlinks on the bottom of this page.... Some of the info has been really helpful and has led to some interesting outtings for me and my 2 daughters. Keep up the great softlinks!