The Police have really clamped down on racing on the ring road. At night the town is full of chavs, kids dressed as trendy rock fools or skaters, and the middle-aged (Less wealthy variety). I have not seen any goths outside of the Two Pigs. On an unrealted note, although there are very many nice bars, there are no good clubs.

This pub is by the St Mary's Churchyard. (That's the old Church around which Cheltenham was built). Cheltenham has a disturbingly large number of graveyards which seem to exist for no reason, like the one next to the bowling green in the middle of town. I have been told that it is theorised that Cheltenham used to be a mediaevel necropolis, where all the dead from the surrounding areas were buried. Were it not for all the frickin' random graveyards, this would sound shonky to me.

Cheltenham is also where all the wealthy from the cotswolds and the rest of Gloucestershire come to shop, eat, and generally be served by the peons who can't afford to live near them, or to visit the office of the accountant who lives next door. The shopping here is much better than in Southampton. For some reason people still gawp at the Wishing Fishing Clock in the Regent Arcade.

The best thing about Cheltenham is that the architecture is very tasty indeed.

For some reason, international corporations like Kraft and Zurich Insurance have their UK headquarters here.

Other schools of slightly less lack of note than the others in the town are Cheltenham College and Pate's Grammar School. Has it's own university: The University of Gloucestershire, which now incorporates Cheltenham Art School.

Famous people born here: Edward Jenner, Gustav Holst