It's that time again... another quest has arrived! This quest will be run by Rancid_Pickle
. Submit any questions to me, don't bug other folks unless you like getting poked
with horrible veggies
We need a good listing of some place local to where you live now. Suggestions include parks, restaurants, coffeehouses, museums, etc, that you
would go to. Don't write a Quest
node on the a place that already exists in the database (read: must be a new node
, or fill an empty nodeshell). The title of your node should just be the name of the place. Some things that should be included are:
- Touristy attraction name (duh!)
- General info on the location. The exact address is required, but try to put the location in context (Joe's Roadkill Cafe is next door to the pet cemetary).
- Why you like this place, including the last time you went there. Give copious examples of just why this place rocks. Tell us why we should jump on a plane right now and visit.
- Suggested menu items, exhibits, music, times to go, etc, are a must.
- Similar places, if any.
- You must include factual information PLUS why you personally like the place.
- There is a minimum of 2500 characters per writeup.
- Writeups must be created between the time stamp on this node and 23:59 on 31 December 2001, E2 Server Time. Yes, this is a short quest!
When your writeup is complete, just drop me a /msg
it to this node. Every decent writeup will get one "blessing" by yours truly (which equates to ten XP), plus the possibility of getting upvoted
if it's worthy. There is a limit of ten blessings per noder, but you're more than welcome to add more than 10 writeups. No multiple-blessings on one writeup this time, folks. Note that your writeup should NOT reference this quest - node for the ages!
Now comes the nasty part. If you cut and paste, I will CURSE you, which is a -10xp hit. DO NOT CUT AND PASTE. Make your writeup original work. Only nodes created within the Quest time window will be eligible for goodies.
Get to it!
Please save your votes for the upcoming submissions. Thanks, now quit dawdlin' and git to writin'! Thanks to legbagede for the idea for this quest - he wins 100 xp as a bonus.
And they're off!
- Lucy-S is the first one in with Cancun Mexican Restaurant.
- Mortice says Shell Grotto. Thanks for organising a quest, it's my first one! 8)
- wertperch says: National Watersports Centre was something I was going to do anyway. Shame all the best places got done a while ago!
- Reverend Raven says: Shucks howdy, nice of ya do to this quest. ;) Fudpuckers is my first offering, I hope it doesn't suck. ;)
- Lucy-S says: Another for the quest: Hide Away Bed and Breakfast Inn
- RubenAzarja says Zeehondencrèche Pieterburen is there for the taking.
- calypso's crush says: Hey there. Here is a submission for the quest: The Bennington Monument
- emoin says Nassau Coliseum. whee, my first quest entry
- liontamer says: Here you are: Las Margaritas Mexican Cantina
- trainman says: For the quest, it's the Warner Bros. Studio Tour.
- TDS says And awaaay we go with my first Cornwall entry: presenting Mevagissey.
- blahdedah says Another beautiful Vermont landmark for the tourism quest: Camel's Hump.
- emoin says Sagamore Hill. on a roll!
- liontamer says a second offering for you quest: Koh Tarutao
- C-Dawg says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum is the second writeup that I only thought to do because someone said "node something around you!". Thanks for the quest!
- O-Swirl says Heya I have a node called The High Museum of Art in response to your quest.:-)
- kiladogg says here's my ode to pork...i'm new here...please be kind! :)
- Palpz says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: noders on vacation should come see the Calgary Tower
- drinkypoo says Allow me to introduce to you Caffe Pergolesi
- bexxta says It's great to be back and writing. Thankyou for inspiring me yet again with a quest, i wrote Soup Plus :)
- Kidas says RHS gardens Wisley is done for your quest :)
- kiladogg says re: el questo just pop a quarter in the slot!
- Mikkel says one more for the quest. Auckland War Memorial Museum
- ascorbic says I wrote Le Champignon Sauvage before the quest started. N-Wing suggested I submit it anyway with that caveat
- Nordicfrost says I've noded Vigelandsparken for your tourist pleasure...
- tzu says Swarovski Crystal Worlds shall be my humble sacrifice to your quest ...
- wertperch says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: Newstead Abbey, former home of the "mad, bad and dangerous to know" Lord Byron is another favourite haunt of mine, pardon the pun.
- TDS says I actually came here to say "Here's my second Cornish writeup: Goonhilly and its Earth Station."
- Chiisuta says Hello, I added a wu I'd like to put in the tourist quest. It is Caffe San Marco.
- kiladogg says if you're in san francisco and you're looking for grease, call me up!
- abandon all hope says For the Hong Kong savvy traveler, I present Spring Deer.
- trainman says Another writeup for the quest: Autry Museum of Western Heritage
- drownzsurf says Please consider my contribution to the "Tourist Guide" Quest my humble wu: Boiling Springs, PA
- liontamer says here comes one more at ya: Ontario Place
- Epyon says Hey Mista Pickle, I got something for the tourist quest from the fine city of Omaha! It's all here @ Henry Doorly Zoo
- Footprints says Molveno - the loveliest village in the Dolomites.
- O-Swirl says Heya! New WU for the quest: The Grit
- Augusta says For the E2 Tourist Guide quest, I humbly submit The Chinese Garden of Friendship
- Lucy-S says Hi! I've just added Scotty McBean's Cafe for the quest
- emoin says Roosevelt Field Mall got another one for ya, kid
- Lucy-S says Another for the Quest: the Worthington Inn, the crown jewel of Columbus bed-and-breakfasts.
- RubenAzarja says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: When I played the tourist in Toledo, I really admired Sinagoga de Santa María la Blanca. So there you are.
- liontamer says Explore more islands of Thailand on your quest with Koh Chang; a double bill
- AwkwardSaw says I submit Faneuil Hall for the quest, your Rancidness.
- RACECAR says Please add CC Club to the quest.
- Jurph says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: I would also like to give you: Bethany Beach, DE.
- Orpheum says Hey, I've added the Australian War Memorial for the quest.
- anthropod says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: May I offer Koh Phangan? It's not near where I live now, but it once was.
- abiessu says I just put in a word or two for island lake... I hope that matches the intent of the quest...
- ink- says the Backroom Vodka Bar is done for your quest...
- StopTheViolins says I submit for your approval, my lord: Back to the Grind. On now...to ISRAEL! Ride, templars, ride!
- BlueDragon says Wakehurst Place for your quest - go there!
- izubachi says Here's my attempt at the new quest, Chinmi Japanese Restaurant
- gn0sis says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: I wrote it before I was aware of the quest, but Sachsenhausen would seem to fit the bill.
- emoin says Peter Luger Steak House so i says to mabel, i says...
- Transitional Man says check out Moretti's Italian Restaurant
- emoin says Splish Splash proving that long island tourism isn't a joke. really, it isn't...
- The Desert Fox says Hi, hope my Gamble House writeup is worth a blessing.
- Glowing Fish says Re: The Quest...my addition to it Finnegan's toys and gifts
- Glowing Fish says And, perhaps lithia water
- Lady_Day says about the quest? um, Warehouse Cafe. thanks.
- Fred Bloggs (the) says My contribution is Phra Nang in Thailand.
- Jurph says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: I humbly submit the United States Air Force Museum and Young's Jersey Dairy.
- banjax says For the Quest - I've submitted Grasmere...
- Nero says Please add my node Gerald Ford Museum to the quest list, thanks
- Kidas says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: Anyone for tennis? All England Lawn Tennis Club is there for the visiting
- amnesiac says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: ai!! RAF Museum, Hendon
- martijn says I've noded a little bit about the Maximiliaan brewery in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- RubenAzarja says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: Can't slow down: Groninger Museum!
- hotthamir says quest this The Castle Shisha Shack
- simonc says Oopsie, I didn't send you a cutesy message! here goes: The Kamberra Wine Company is a great reason to visit Canberra, Mister Pickle!
- banjax says I've submitte Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway for the quest too
- Apatrix says As a former long-time resident, I humbly submit my Athenian knowledge regarding the Plaka and Monastiraki destinations for the quest.
- Frankie says Up the Creek is all set. T-2 months to the event, so hurry and book your flights =)
- Lucy-S says Here's another for the quest: Blue Danube. Ain't no place for waltzing!
- liontamer says yet one more from me: Erawan Shrine
- BoltOfLight says I have submitted Canada Olympic Park in response to your oh holy quest.
- Orpheum says Another one from me, Gus' Cafe
- RimRod says Dano's Pizza Restaurant & Bar noded.
- kiladogg says too tired to think of anything clever
- Grzcyrgba says Mystic Seaport is my contribution to your latest quest.
- ocelotbob says I submit to you March Field Air Museum for inclusion into the quest
- Arthyr says Three Restaurants on Foster Avenue is my addition.
- Epyon says Greeting again Sir Pickle, I've gone and slipped in another Tourist entry, the College World Series!
- Ereneta says my tourist quest contribution: Berkeley Bowl.
- RoguePoet says Ha! Finished my node for the latest quest, and with time to spare! Woo! Detroit Institute of Arts!
- Misch says I offer 12 Corners Coffeehouse towards the quest.
- Misch says I also submit California Rollin'
- Kesper North says Submitted for your approval: Honalo, the Hawaiian Town that Time Forgot.
- alias_mother_jonez says Independence National Historical Park
- break says dunno if it qualifies for the quest, but I noded this..
- FoxtrotJuliet says Hello! Procrastination rules! I just finished Black Duck Cafe for my first ever quest. I hope it's ok. Happy New Year!
- qousqous says Heyhey... sushi takahashi for the quest is a yummy restaurant in Portland
- AwkwardSaw says Alrighty, I also submit Boston Common for the quest.
- anthropod says Okay, I'm adding Wat Pho and calling it quits for the quest. Another one I've been meaning to get to for some time. Thanks for all your hard work. You're a peach (or a pickle).
- LordNathan says I added Water World, a water park near Denver, for your quest
- drinkypoo says Alas, the quest is too short, I must go out on Pogonip.
- dwardu says just in case you missed my last /msg, my contribution lies here
- Caliban says Java Plaza, for das quest. Be gentle.
- Transitional Man says check out Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Transitional Man says check out Nancy's Restaurant
- Shanoyu says Rainbow Natural Foods is my quest submission.
- Lucy-S says Eek, think I sent you a bad link in the last message; it's at Scottie MacBean's Cafe
- Fred Bloggs (the) says My second contribution to your excellent quest is Wat Chai Watthanaram
- Miles_Dirac says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: another one: Drexel Movie Theatre
- sten says Fenton's Creamery is my addition to the tourist quest, yes.
- upperclasstwit says ...i think i did it right. My first node in 2 years is Five Feet Restaurant
- longwinter says the Downstairs Cabaret Theatre isn't in my hometown, but it's in my boyfriend's. close enough?
- riverrun says Here you go, stinky gherkin: The Norton Simon Museum, a fine example of Southern California eclectic.
- Morgan le Fay says : Here is my contribution: Boomerang Billy's Beach Bar
- PeterPan says Hi, I made an entry for the quest. Although Fernsehturm became more like a personal experience report, you might still want to add it. And thank you for liking and linking to my writeups
- enth says Also, check out the Ryan Gray playground for all children, a unique local place to play.
- Reverend Raven says Shucks howdy once again. The US Space and Rocket Center is also a lovely place to visit, if you're in the area. ;)
- linda! says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide i have turned in my wu "flex (place)" on time, but you've missed it :o( No I didn't *grin*
- O-Swirl says Heya- I hope my Cafe Tu Tu Tango WU was sufficient to receive a blessing? If not, lemme know.:)
- wertperch says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: ...and finally, Charles Rennie Mackintosh's House for an Art Lover!
- Transitional Man says check out Stan Hywet for the travel guide
- erias says it's not quite 23:59 is it...
- Miles_Dirac says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: I sumbit Stauf's Coffee Roasters for your enjoyment
- stand/alone/bitch says i love perdedor but he has noded almost all the NY Spots i wanted to do. okay guy here is Riverside Park for you.
- kiladogg says last minute i know but here!
- khayos says i'm just wondering whether you got my message about Horseshoe Canyon, my E2 Tourist Guide quest submission. Thanks!
- xunker says My Quest contribution: Lagoon and Pioneer Village. I was going to node them anyway, but since I'll get more XP this way...
- katallen says Cave of the Winds is so cool! I noded it for your quest!
- enth says Hey, dig Java Break, a very fine local (Lawrence, Kansas) coffeehouse.
- Citizen Aim says I have a new node for the quest: Alligator Adventure
- VT_hawkeye says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: I submit National D-Day Memorial for your Questing pleasure.
- abrager says In 1844, James K. Polk was elected president and he proceeded to more than triple the country's size in a matter of four years. In 2001, I wrote this bit about The Charles Theater.
- siren says I humbly submit Killiney Hill to the quest
- sfc says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: You like-a da' fish, eh? How about the Newport Aquarium?
- RubenAzarja says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: I keep poking you with horrible tourist guides: Madrid's Casón del Buen Retiro with Pablo Picasso's Guernica this time.
- sloebertje says I submit De Koornbeurs for the E2 Tourist Guide Quest
- geekaus says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide. Enjoy the wonder and splendour of the Epping line!
- kenata says university of massachusetts: boston a node I just wrote which could be under you quest but I wrote it more for a personal point
- bumpinfresh says Hey - two more tourist attractions The Repulse Bay and The Repulse Bay Hotel
- anthropod says re: Everything Quests: The E2 Tourist Guide: Okay, I've done Wat Arun too; I've been meaning to get to it for ages. Glad you spurred me on.
- etoile says I've noded the Maryland Science Center for the Quest. :)
- gn0sis says At the risk of duplication, I submitted Big Iron Penis Shrine for the travel quest yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be listed.
- THAT SHOULD BE IT, now go visiting some of these places!
NOTE: I'm adding these in no particular order. If I missed yours, drop me a /msg and I'll check. I have around 15-20 queued up in my message inbox at any one time, so it may be I just haven't reached yours yet.