I had to think about adding to this node for a bit. Guess I lost :)

I think one item most women are worried about is time. I've found that intelligent and accomplished women tend to have a "guy" tendency - let's get this done now. In the midst of telling yourself that you shouldn't shed your intelligence for a coat of mundane, you should also repeat that you will eventually find someone that appreciates you for who you are. I've been teaching my two daughters that they should never ever "settle" or reconstruct themselves just to meet the requirements of someone they currently think is their true love.

This is not to say that both parties should be rigid in their views and expectations. Some mutual adjustment is natural, and tends to bring two people closer. Just don't throw off your own aspirations and hopes just so you'll have someone next to you later in life. In the long run, it isn't worth it, and you'll end up miserable.

One of the reasons I was attracted to my wife was that she was strong and very intelligent, not to mention beautiful. One of the reasons I asked her to marry me was that should anything ever happen to me, I know she can take care of herself and the kids. She has a career, she's going back to college to finish her degree, and I always defer to her judgement when it comes to finances. She's just better at it, and it's because of her drive and perseverence that we own our "dream" house.

So hang in there. There are folks who appreciate strong women. If you want intelligent guys, go look at a library or a gathering instead of a bar or wild party. Your chances will improve if you look for them in their natural habitat, and most likely they're looking for you too.