Blinking happens so much we forget about it. It's like the Hum of a nearby fridge. Occasionally, in between blinks, I might slip in a 'double wink' without anything seeming amiss. As a wink is half of a voluntary blink, a 'double wink' would be the left and right eye winking at the same time. Perhaps it'd be better understood as a deliberate blink. Whatever this should be called, I'd like to bring it some way into the general consciousness: it looks just like a blink, but actually it's whoever's behind the eyes regressing momentarily. Let me explain.

Picture the scene: you're mindlessly out and about when suddenly you come across, oh I don't know, a darling little squirrel on the pavement eating some nuts. Or maybe a gross little splattered squirrel in the road. You pause and you think, damn, if only I had my camera. You can't do much but walk on by.

This would be a waste, if it were not for the option to regress unashamedly and pretend that you're a camera. Imagine that your eyelids are lens shutters, that your mind is Adobe Photoshop, and you'll be able to mildly amuse yourself! A 'double wink is what I do to snapshot images that come my way, kinda so I can remember them later, but mainly so I can float around in my own little bubble for a while. Without anyone realising, of course.

Sad? Yeah. Repetitive? A little. Should I just buy a camera phone? Most probably.