The X-files

Little Green Men
Episode: 2X01
First aired: 9/16/94
Written by: Glen Morgan and James Wong
Directred by: David Nutter

First episode of the second season!!! Also one of my favorite episodes.

The X-files has been shut down and Mulder and Scully have been reassigned to other areas. However, they continue to meet but fear that they are being watched. Mulder is still intent on gathering evidence of extraterrestrial life and the truth of his sister's abduction.

In a meeting with Senator Matheson, who has always supported Mulder's work, he is told that he has 24 hours to go to Puerto Rico and gather evidence of aliens before a Blue Beret UFO Retrieval Team gets there.

Scully gains access to Mulder's computer and discovers his plans.

At the site in Puerto Rico, Mulder meets a terrified Puerto Rican man who doesn't speak English but draws a picture of an alien. The man runs into the jungle and Mulder finds him frozen to death with fear.

In the small Puerto Rican station, Mulder searches vainly for evidence. Suddenly a blue flashing light floods the room and Mulder sees a thin alien figure through the door.

Scully finally reaches Mulder to find him unconscious. When he wakes he tells her that the tapes and printouts he collected will show evidence of his encounter. However the retrieval team shows up and Mulder and Scully flee the area.

The tape that Mulder managed to salvage is blank, meaning that he still doesn't have the evidence. Mulder is yet again still intent to find the truth and still has Scully backing him up all the way.


Important Quotes:
Mulder -- "The X-Files have been shut down. They closed our eyes. Our voices have been silenced... our ears now deaf to the realms of extreme possibilities."

Student -- "Are you okay, Agent Scully? You kind of sounded a... little spooky."

Mulder (to Puerto Rican man) -- "No, Jorge! Don’t touch that red button. No-ho on the rojo."

Mulder (speaking into a recorder) -- "Deep Throat said "Trust no one." And that’s hard, Scully... suspecting everyone, everything. It wears you down. You even begin to doubt what you know is the truth. Before, I could only trust myself. Now, I can only trust you... and they’ve taken you away from me. "

Mulder -- "I may not have the X-Files, Scully, but I still have my work. And I’ve still got you. And I still have myself."

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 2