A recurring strip in Brad Yung's Stay as you Are - a mini-compilation of samples and snippets from spoken or overheard conversation, ideas and particularly juicy ironic thoughts presented context-free for our amusement and consideration - found by many critics to be similar in many ways to Bill Griffith's Zippy the Pinhead strips, though Non-Sequitur Theatre doesn't bother with even the vestigial coherency of Zippy.

The text of a typical strip runs as follows:

PANEL 1:
What's the big fuss over the X-Files? It's just Scooby-Doo with real people.
PANEL 2:
Spackle the cracks in my heart, I'm ready for lovin' again!
PANEL 3:
Mercenary, missionary - same thing.
PANEL 4:
In the future, everybody will go to jail for 15 minutes.
PANEL 5:
Anything tastes good if you open your mouth wide enough.
PANEL 6:
BRAD: Me, a pessimist? I envy pessimists!

Concealed within each episode of Non-Sequitur Theatre is a special message hidden in the backgrounds and frame layout. Clearly I can't convey them in this abstracted transcription, but keep your eyes open for them.

Stay as you Are, Non-Sequitur Theatre and all quotes from it presented above are (c) Brad Yung. See Stay as you are for ordering information.