Regrettably slept in past noon, which in conjunction with a new transit strike resulted in missing this year's real-life April Fool's Day Parade along the False Creek seawall, this year with a "Foolympics" theme. Somehow I'll have to find another way to fill the water balloon quota of my life.

Speaking of the Fool's Parade, I feel it pertinent to refer here to our grand prop/set piece two years ago - a Smith-Rite dumpster filled with watered-down horse manure and over $500 of real cash, bolstered by donations collected from unwitting audience members (including $20 from my roommate, thinking his donation would fund further activities of the group) just before the grand mixing.

That prank maxed out when audience members began following the Fools and jumping into the muck in sincere hopes of snatching some shit-smeared money from the murky mire, like some twisted version of Double Dare in Hell. Suddenly it ceased to be funny and transcended mere humour entirely, becoming something else entirely, half-outrageous and half-pitiable.

To those who feel that the japes played on this site were to excess, consider that your irritation reflects the care and value you hold this unique site and its fragile community in - how glad you are that it's only like that one day a year rather than every day, and remark how sweet-smelling you remain after your real feelings were surfaced. Compared to the persistant reek of shit some folks willingly took on for the small sake of their greed, I'd say you got off almost scot-free.

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...