Attraction in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdoms at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. It was the very first to feature Disney's Audio-Animatronics technology. They recently renovated the attraction at WDW, introducing the characters of Iago (from Aladdin) and Zazu (from The Lion King).

Still, the basic idea remains the same. After an animatronic pre-show, the guests enter the main theater. Through the 'windows', the sky appears bright blue. Throughout the room are various tropical trappings, such as tiki poles and flowers and vines. When the show starts, a huge framework descends from the ceiling, perched upon which are scores of animatronic birds.

There are four 'host' birds (at least, they were the hosts before Zazu and Iago took over), with Spanish, German, French, and British accents respectively, who crack wise throughout the show. The show itself consists of some entertaining little ditties sung by the birds, with some help from the flowers and the tiki poles.

At some point during the show, a character (now Iago) upsets the venerable Tiki Gods, and it starts raining outside! At least that's what it looks like through the aforementioned 'windows'. But it all gets cleared up in the end, and guests exit the attraction into the familiar Florida sunshine.


Update, 30 May 2002: I recently recalled (with the help of an outdated travel guide) something about the name of this attraction. Technically, "The Enchanted Tiki Room" is the name of the pavilion, inside of which the pre-show and main show take place. The main show used to be called "Tropical Serenade" but is now called "The Enchanted Tiki Room -- Under New Management" to reflect the popular name and the presence of Iago and Zazu.