I went in to the shop and asked for the piercing. Nobody gave me any funny looks, nobody thought that it was strange, nobody batted an eye lid and nobody gave any indication that what I was getting done was a big deal or out of the ordinary. I went into a back room with one of the piercer guys. He told me to drop my pants and hop up on the bed in the center of the room (the bed was black and sort of looked like a dentist's chair). I did this and before I knew it he was asking me, “are you ready?”. I said yes and did not look down, there was a sharp pain, it was a bit worse than a really hard pinch and that was it, my dick was pierced. He then put in the ring, that was a little uncomfortable but not to bad. He wrapped up my dick in a plastic glove and an elastic band. I asked him a few questions about hygiene, he told me that urine and a regular shower would be fine, I did not bleed much at all. After I went straight to the pub and had a few pints with some friends.

Here is a brief summary of things you might want to know about what happened after I got the piercing. Urinating felt bad for a couple of days, sort of like a burning sensation every time I went to the toilet, drinking coffee was particularly bad for this as it made me feel like I was pissing fire. I Did not bleed that much immediately after the piercing, however their was some blood on the sheets of my bed the following morning. I still can piss straight and in one direction (I do not need to sit down to go to the toilet) however another friend of mine who also got a prince albert can not and is obliged to take a seat when nature calls. The piercing healed up within a week. Yes sex feels a lot better. My friend said he noticed some extra weight from the piercing, I did immediately after the ring was put in but not for long (I don't notice it now). When I got the prince albert done I initially thought, 'hey well there's one for the day logs', but then I decided it wasn't worth it. The whole experience was not nearly as awkward or painful as I expected. I paid 70 Euro for the piercing, I am sure I could have shopped around and got a cheaper deal but I didn't, I wanted a place I could trust and this place came highly recommended from a number of friends. If you are ever in Dublin and are looking for a good place to get pierced go to body shock in temple bar.

The reason why I am writing this is that a couple of weeks after I got my piercing I happened upon this write up and thought that trembling's experience made the whole thing seem a little more dramatic than it actually is. Getting it done does not hurt a lot, the only reason that a prince albert seems so bad is that we build it up in our minds, the idea of a piece of metal being stuck through your cock is enough to make any guy cringe. I guess all I wanted to say is that it seems a lot worse than it actually is but then again maybe that is only my experience and ultimately you will never know unless you go!