Other bands play, Manowar KILLS!!
The top 15 reasons, in no particular order, starting at the number 666 (in most browsers).

  1. It's their motto, and chorus of the title track to their album Kings of Metal.
  2. When they signed to their second label, they signed the contract in their own blood!!
  3. Scott Columbus drums with such fury, he needs a custom-built stainless steel drum kit. All other drum kits simply crumble beneath his mighty metal metacarpals.
  4. Their album covers feature an impossibly-muscular, faceless champion of true metal, often seen clutching the Hammer of Thor in one hand and a broadsword in the other. There are a few exceptions to this rule, most notably the cover to Into Glory Ride, which features Joey DeMaio and the boys, skin all oiled up, posing in fur loincloths.
  5. They sing about three topics, and three topics alone: Metal, Fighting, Fighting for the sake of Metal.
  6. They ride Harleys on stage.
  7. Vocalist Eric Adams is an expert bow hunter and bow hunting instructor.
  8. "We're out there {on stage} to kill. That's what metal is. Anybody who says otherwise is not playing heavy metal. We will melt your face!" - bassist Joey DeMaio
  9. They were one of the first bands to invite fans onstage, and one of the first to let said on-stage fans sing or play guitar
  10. They used 10 tons of amplifiers to achieve their title as the world's loudest band (although Dick Dale begs to differ)
  11. In a survey, Manowar beat Michael Jackson and The Beatles as the live act that most Russians wanted to see.
  12. Guitarist Karl Logan teaches guitar lessons, stressing the importance of music theory on his pupils. All of Manowars chord structures are derived from classical music.
  13. Orson Welles is featured in the songs Defender and Dark Avenger, and Manowar starts every concert with the tape of Welles saying, "Ladies and Gentlemen, from the United States of America, all hail Manowar!"
  14. Singer Eric Adams challenges people to arm wrestling duels.
  15. They appeared on the Nickelodeon tv show Live Wire.

Resources:
http://www.manowar.com
http://www.unchain.com/current/manowar.html
http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/Manowar-WarriorsInFinland.htm
http://www.moregoatthangoose.com/interviews/manowar.htm