Scotch tape will not stick well to many surfaces, including wood and anything remotely greasy.
Scotch tape comes in a few different varieties:
- You can find both wide and slim rolls for different types of taping needs.
- Double sided tape comes in handy for presentation posters for school projects and for sticking stuff up on walls.
- The "crystal clear" variety is clear and smooth as glass but shiny; this causes undesirable glare when used on documents and cannot be written on.
- The rougher "normal" kind allows writing with any type of writing implement but must be smoothed out with a fingernail to allow one to see through it. It is matte and slightly translucent.
- I think I have also seen Scotch tape come in colored varieties, both transparent and opaque.