Wart Removal By Duct Tape

So yeah, apparently duct tape is one of the best wart removal methods around. Who would have guessed?

According to a recently conducted study, the duct tape wart removal system worked more consistently than freezing with liquid nitrogen. This is wonderful, because duct tape is cheap, easy to use, and much, much more pain-free than anything involving temperatures of -200 degrees centigrade.

Anyway, the study, reported in the October issue of Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine and conducted at the Madigan Army Medical Center, compared 51 patients from 3 to 22 years of age. After two months 85% of the 26 volunteers who received the duct tape method lost their warts, as opposed to 60% of the volunteers who received the liquid nitrogen method.

Researches believe duct tape works by irritating the warts, which are then attacked by the immune system. Destroyed tissue can be scraped or abraded away.

The duct tape method works like this:

A piece of duct tape is placed securely over the wart. It is left on for 6 days straight. If at any time it falls off, another piece is applied. At the end of the 6th day the duct tape is removed and the wart is soaked in water. Then an emery board or piece of pumice is used to scrape off the tissue. The wart is allowed to dry overnight, then duct tape is reapplied in the morning for 6 more days.