Born on December 17, 1975 in Kiev, Ukraine, Milla Natasha Jovovich lived her early life in both Kiev and London while her father finished medical school. At the age of five she moved to California with her father and mother, an actress, and began modelling at age nine. After a few television appearances she made her big screen debut in 1991's "Return To The Blue Lagoon". She has since starred in several high profile films, notably the title roles in "The Fifth Element" and "The Messenger: The Story Of Joan Of Arc", and a prostitute in the Spike Lee Joint "He Got Game". For her role in The Fifth Element, she and director Luc Besson (her fiancé) developed the language spoken by her character in the film, and by the end of shooting, they were having full conversations in the language.

Jovovich released the favorably reviewed album "The Divine Comedy" in 1994, prompting comparisons to Kate Bush among others. She released an Internet-only experimental electronica album in 1998 called The Peopletree Sessions, and is currently working on more traditional rock music with a new band, Plastic Has Memory. She says she continues to model for companies like Revlon and Calvin Klein because the money allows her to develop music independently without relying on a record contract.

Selected Filmography: