Tea is an interesting beverage. I'll spare you the history, however, and get right to the point.

The way to drink tea for maximum enjoyment requires at least twenty minutes. If you don't have that much time, just drink tea's evil cousin, coffee. This tutorial is geared mainly towards Green tea, but it works with others.

Step 1: Make the Tea -- Heat water until it begins to boil. It is important to note that in the West, it is common to bring the water to a rolling boil, while in Eastern traditions, it is considered proper to heat the water to only approximately 98 degrees celsius.

Step 2: Pour the Water -- There are two kinds of tea-drinkers: those who pour the water over the teabag, and those who pour the water first, later adding the tea. This is mostly a matter of personal preference, and does not affect the final result too much, but one should still experiment to see which one prefers. If you are of the former group, simply place the teabag in the bottom of your mug (with the string hanging out, if there is one), and pour the water slowly(!) in. Pour slowly to allow the tea to infuse with the water from the very first moment. If you are of the latter group, proceed directly to Step 3.

Step 3: Brewing the Tea -- Once the teabag is in the water, pull the string up and down slowly for a few seconds at a time (or stir with a spoon). This is called steeping. It's best to do this for three to five minutes. Once this has been done, you may either leave the bag in, or remove it, depending on how strong you like your tea.

Step 4: The First Sip -- The first sip of one's cup of tea has a great effect upon the rest of the experience. Since you allowed the tea to brew for several minutes, the water should have cooled enough to make it drinkable. Tea, itself, has only a very slight flavor to it. This fact is what originally deterred me from the beverage. The true strength of tea lies in its potent aroma.

As you bring the mug to your lips, close your eyes, inhale deeply and slowly through your nose, and allow the drink to flow into your mouth. Continue to inhale as you bring the mug away from your mouth. When you have finished breathing inwards, swallow, and then exhale slowly through your nose.

As you drink the first sip, as you breathe in, carefully consider the aroma, the taste and the temperature of the drink. Be aware.

Step 5: Endgame -- Repeat this process until your mug is empty. If you'd like, return to Step 1.

Drinking tea in this fashion is extremely relaxing, and helps one to clear one's mind. It is, in my opinion, a wonderful form of meditation.