One of my favorites as well, the movie does an excellent job of combining humor and romance. The music blends in incredibly well with the more dramatic scenes, and Sarah Jessica Parker (pre-Sex in the City), Marilu Henner and Steve Martin are at their comic best. If you've ever been to L.A., none of the humor will escape you. Martin's added Shakespearean lines are but only a part of the wit of the film. Cameos to look out for are Woody Harrelson, Chevy Chase and Rick Moranis.

Other memorable lines:

"I could never be a woman. I would just sit at home and play with my breasts all day." -S. Martin

"I was deeply unhappy, but I didn't know it because I was too busy being happy all the time." - S. Martin

In the car, listening to the radio, Martin asks what the radio D.J. said. "He said it's the first day of spring," replies Henner. "Oh shit!" he returns, grabbing for his gun, "Open season on the L.A. freeway!"

Martin: "I don't think we should make love, all right?"
Parker (SanDeE*): "Okay, we'll just have sex."

Martin: "When I really analyze it, Trudi wasn't for me anyway. The only good times we had were having sex and laying in bed watching TV."
Friend: "I hate to tell you this Harris, but if you can find somebody you can have sex with and lie in bed and watch TV, you've really got something."