Ah my faithful audience...
You all amaze me with your interest into the humble goings on in my life here in Italia...

Since I keep getting such high marks on these little day logs, I'd like to open them up to your input... what do you the anonomys E2 reader want to hear me write about... other than see me improve my spelling that is...

Just Msg me and let me know... for starters i'll offer these options:

Blast From The Past: In which I'll delve into my history and tell you a story about myself

. Work Stories: Tales of jobs I've done over the jears or a story about the job I currently have

Opinions on Politics and Religion: nuff' said

My hobbies: nuff' said.

So if you want to be interacting with me... just spot me a message... Once again thanks for all the votes I get on these... you are all too kind!

Now to the real meat of this log--->
I went out last night to Cafe Des Arts... they had some drummers from Camaroon singing and drumming and drumming... very nice... plus 2 of my 3 drinks were on the house. I had gone in earlier in the day to show them the flyer for the upcomin' photo show when I found out about the drummers. I also was introduced to Ivan of the B. Brew Quintet, who is the house jazz band leader and his group is now signed on to play at the Inagurazione a they say it here in Italy. Very kewl!!! and he comes for free...

I had a very interesting meeting with Leonardo Chiariglione, learned a lot more about his involvement in setting up the MPEG standardization group and his opinions on Napster, the ethics of downloading free music... his 18th century farmhouse and the fireplace he sits by on the weekends... As well as the fact that his wife makes wine for the familly. Very nice man... I'll be updating his node latter on in the day, please stop by and check it out... if not for Leonardo there might not have been the push for standardization in digital audio and video, resulting in a world without MP3, MPEG-4, Video Discs, DVD, Digital TV, etc...

Other than that it was a nice slow day... ate Chineese takeout at midnight after the concert, very yummy, $5 for a plate of glass noodles with veggies and chineese mushrooms + another plate of chicken with bamboo and mushrooms.

Food is super cheap here in Italy... see my entry on Porta Pallazo some day when I write it... PP is the largest open air market in Europe and the prices for food are incredibly cheap... red and yellow peppers are on average $2 a kilo... fresh salmon steaks are about $5-6 a kilo (or $3 a pound) fresh chicken breast is even cheaper... neadless to say I eat a lot more seafood here than I could ever afford to back home in either Chicago or Eugene, Oregon. No red meat because of mucca pazza AKA mad cow disease... Not that I ever ate much red meat... Was even a vegitarian for a few years when I was younger...

Well, gonna go and do some work... thanks again everbody for making my time here at E2 an enjoyable way to slack and think, write and communicate in English... ciao,
Matt Crow AKA NL4E