Lots of things aparently move faster than light, but when you get down to examining it, nothing really does.

First, stand in the center of a sphere with a 3x10^8 meter circumfrence, and shine a laser pointer at the wall. Now spin the pointer in a circle in less than 1 second. The spot on the wall will move faster than light. However, the light itself doesn't. Lots of things that don't really exist (a spot of light on the wall isn't a "real" thing) can move faster than light.

Second, a photon is a wave packet. A wave packet has both a phase velocity and a group velocity. The phase velocity is the speed that the peaks inside the packet oscillate, and the group velocity is the speed the wave packet actually propagates. For light, the group velocity is always less than c, but the phase velocity may, in fact, be much greater than c. The experements using cesium gas measured a phase velocity of 300c -- an interesting achievement for the intellectually curious, but in the words of the experementor, nothing earth shattering.

Third, in quantum mechanics, two particles may be entangled. Measurement of an entangled particle will cause its companion to collapse into a definite state. However, there is no way to tell that this has happened until you compare notes afterwards -- via slower than light mechanisms.

Theoretically, a wormhole could be turned into a time machine by taking it on a rocket trip, explained in _Black Holes and Time Warps_ by Kip Thorne. However, last I heard there was debate as to whether gravitational fluctuations would annihalate the wormhole the moment it could be used as a time machine. This is of course assuming you ever could construct a macroscopic worm hole and make it stable.

An interesting result of relativity is that any FTL signal can be used to violate causality.

My opinion is that FTL transport/communication is impossible, mostly because the universe seems pretty good at plugging loopholes.