"Even the best need a break..." It seems after years and years of playing such a simple game, one would understand how to dodge these tiny little jumping, crawling, flying koopas, but you can't. So, lets use the koopas against themselves.

All of the levels have one of two colors, red, and yellow. The first level in the vanilla dome world is colored red, so you must try to find the "secret" way to win. After finding the secret paths, they will lead you to the warping pipe in the upper left corner of the map. That pipe will take you to the very next level called the vannila secret 2. You must enter that level and make you're way past the first two jumping koopas, after that, you will find a box. If you hit the box, a yoshi will apear but my suggestion is to leave him there until you are ready to leave the level. The only problem with yoshi is that using him will not allow you to get the desired effect, yoshi will kill the koopas in one blow, although most things he lands on are crushed. By jumping on 10 koopas heads with mario in a row, you get 1 life back, and every koopa you land on after that is a 1-up. As long as you can keep yourself afloat by bouncing off the koopas, you can get as many lives as you need. If you only jump on the koopa once, it will stop jumping and start walking, if jump on the walking koopa, it will be forced out of its shell and will begain looking for a new home to reside in. If you leave the koopa out of its shell and go on with the next koopas, it will reappear when you come back to the same spot. If you use the cape to float down on top of their heads, it is a lot easier to keep your health.

Also on this level, there are some plain yellow boxes near a bunch of spinies, one of the boxes has a silver p-swicth in it, jump on it and collect the silver coins that were the spinies. Another easy way to get extra lives is to find the secret area and enter it to get a yoshi, then exit the level and reenter it to get a 1-up in yoshi's place.

With all of these lives, you can take more risks if your the hardcore player, and if your the new gamer, you need an up date on life, and you can get past world one now. Good luck, and have fun!!!