The Gerald R. Ford Museum is located at 303 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, Michigan. The musuem is open daily from 9:00am - 4:45pm (closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day). Admission to the museum is $4.00 for adults, $3.00 for senior citizens, and free for children under the age of 16. Free parking is available. There are various traveling exhibts that make thier stop in the museum along with the permant collection.

The permanent exhibts showcases the political career of Gerald Ford and his presidency. There is a vast amount of information in the museum. What makes this museum different then any of the other presidential museum is that the libary and the musuem are located in geographically different areas. The museum is located in Grand Rapids and the library is located in Ann Arbor.

The best part about this museum is the different traveling exhibts that come through and spend some time open to the public. These include Portraits of the Presidents, the collection of paintings from the Smithsonian and also an exhibit on Lincoln. (For more information on the Lincoln exhibt which is currently at the museum until February, goto http://www.ford.utexas.edu/museum/lincoln.htm) This provides the opportunity for many to see historical items that one might not be able to see. Also various guest speakers and educational programs occur at the musuem, includig my favorite the time David McCullough visited and spoke on "Why History is Important."