This is a recipe that I just tried for jambalaya that turned out surprisingly well. The basic method of preparation was learned during my hiatus at a restaraunt called Ragin' Shrimp, but I changed the ingredients.

Ingredients:

1 lb. kielbasa

3/4 lb. (Now this is important) Chuck Wagon(TM) brand bacon.

(Trust me: They call it bacon, but it's completely different.)

2 large bell peppers

2 white onions

16 oz. tomato paste

12 oz. stewed sliced tomatos

4 cups instant rice

4 cups water

(To taste)

Olive oil

Rosemary

Basil

Oregano

Cayenne Pepper

Ground Habanero

White pepper

Bay leaves

And anything else you happen to feel like throwing in. What can I say? I'm flexible. (Not like that, you sicko!)

Dice the peppers and the onions, and cross-slice the "bacon" into pieces. Sprinkle the peppers and onions with olive oil, and saute over medium-low heat with the diced bacon. When the onions are transcluscent, add the tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, water, and spices. Bring to a boil. Add the rice and kielbasa. Return to a boil. Boil for a couple of minutes, then remove from heat and cover. Let the pot sit until the rice is cooked.

Consume.

Enjoy.

Refrain from swimming for at least 1 hour after eating.

Never drink and drive.

You can always trust your government, and the policeman is your friend.

This recipe brought to you by the Ghetto Gourmet!

Disclaimer: All rights reserved. Not responsible for damage or injuries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily the opinions of anyone. Do not aim at children or pets. Can be harmful or fatal if deliberately concentrated and inhaled. Any use inconsistent with package labeling is a federal crime.