A board game created by Milton Bradley in 1980 and based on the video game of the same name.

The board game version of Pac-Man was a faithful reproduction of the video game in cardboard and plastic. Designed to be easy to learn and play in order to appeal to a similar target audience as the original video game, but never having the entertainment value of its ancestor, this remains a worthy addition to any collection, mainly because of its nostalgia value.

The board game features ghosts, food to pick up in the form of white and yellow marbles (yellow marbles are 'ghost eaters') and portals to move from one side of the board to another with just one move.

It differs in just one respect: the introduction of dice. This turns it from a game of skill and strategy into a game of skill, strategy, and a fair slice of chance.

One of the most innovative features of the Pac-Man board game is the players' pieces. They are real-life replicas of Pac-Man himself, which open their mouths as they are pushed along the board and take the marbles up into their bellies through a hole in the bottom. Unfortunately, they had a tendency to jam, and the marbles did not simply disappear into Pac-Man as they had in the video game (a glaring design flaw).

Milton Bradley also produced a Ms. Pac-Man game.

Personally, I found this game quite dull, but I enjoy playing it on occasions for the nostalgia value. You should buy it either for that, or to prove how much of a geek you are.


Sources (these were useless):
http://www.zutco.com/toy_game_1.htm
http://www.thelogbook.com/phosphor/pac.html