Sandstorm. After yesterday's brief depressive episode, today is m-u-u-uch better. I wake at ~10:00am, to enjoy coffee, expend votes, node, and shower. I think I did well to consciously examine some of the mucky stuff that's been bothering me, in last night's journal, and I catch hints of semi-conscious issues in this morning's dreams. Perhaps I have angrily distanced myself from my anima for too long, if it's such a struggle to "wrap myself" (that is, draw upon) in that "pink flannel blanket"... (i.e. the archetypically feminine strengths of nurturing and receptivity (refer to "yin}.) Bees perhaps represent my restless internal dialogue, which distracts me and chases me away from the school/church. Thank you Mr. Sandman, for the good night's rest.

Noon is the time I was supposed to be at Adam and Cris's "Couples Shower" (read: bridal shower where men are invited). It's just about an hour's drive across New Jersey from Clifton to Bloomsbury - I arrive at 1. Dave offers me a copy of the ILOVEYOU virus, he knows I find that stuff interesting. Very considerate. He also says I should just keep the copy of Baldur's Gate he lent me, he bought another copy. Garrett is thrilled that I will give L.A.I.R.E. a try. Charles and Jean-Anne are always good to see. Shopping the bridal registry at Fortunoff was a drag: they've cohabited for 7 years, they really don't need any more housewares. Cash is crass in theory, but I mean it much more than I could possibly mean a table lamp or frying pan. Two sunburn Saturdays in a row. I smoke 3 cigarettes (2 grubbed, one offered).

Garrett invited me to catch Gladiator tomorrow, with a gang of maybe 20 other people. It sounded good at the the time, but I should know: two days of social activity in a row, consuming most of the weekend, is too much for me. - I mean, okay, I can handle it if I have to, but I prefer more quiet time. I will probably back out.

I am informed that I am one of the people who cools Datagirl the most. I had no idea.