Got distance? Yesterday, my roommate filmed her film class project at the park. I find the storyboards, light meters, the big clunky Bell & Howell WWII surplus 16mm camera, and the actors and actresses, all just fascinating. So, I help out from 2PM-7PM calling out distance settings for the camera, taxi-ing actresses to sanitary facilities, lugging stuff around the park, and wrangling Xena the schnauser/poodle ("schnoodle") as necessary. Today I am sunburned, but damn, it was fun!
I did NOT blow the surprise of the wedding shower surprise party. It was close - the formal invitation should have said something about the surprise nature of the event, and the hostess could have made mention when I RSVP'd yesterday.
It's all part of The Plan. In the highly structured and increasingly planned/managed safety net that my life is becoming, today is Plan-Next-Month Day. May 31 retrospective: The Great Ideas were not very helpful in placing "spirituality" in The Grand Scheme of Things. I pursued Car Stuff, perhaps not as aggressively as I could have, but enough. It never seemed like The Right Time to retake the ruined pics of the train station. Didn't touch the Aptiva or Linux. Occasions duly honored. 401k stuff done. (Like preparing income tax declarations, it was much quicker and easier than I had dreaded; probably spent more energy agonizing and avoiding it than actually completing it.) Campaign: not happening unless I personally coordinate sessions, and I haven't felt like it. Yet. What made me think I would simply paint a room of my own free will? No wonder I slacked off on this stuff, I completely blew off ALL the Rewards.