A popular but minor character in the Star Wars universe. Purportedly the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, Fett wears modified Mandalorian battle armor, festooned with all manner of weapons.

Time line

Due to the 'special editions' and prequel trilogy, tracking the chronology of Boba Fett is not straightforward. In the Star Wars time line, at time of writing, he appears in four of the six films: Attack of the Clones, A New Hope (special edition), The Empire Stikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Of course, one never knows what may happen in future 'extra special editions' of the films. Boba Fett also appears in the Star Wars Holiday Special (in animated form) and in numerous "Expanded Universe" stories, including Star Wars games, comics, novels, and fan films.

Appearances

Boba Fett was introduced in animated form in the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special, in which he has a major role. He then appeared as a promotional toy figurine, briefly with a "firing" rocket backpack, and then with a fixed rocket when the "firing" rocket was determined to be a hazard. His supporting roles in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi had little dialog, but cemented his place in the hearts of Star Wars fans. Actor Jeremy Bulloch played Fett in both films, though he is never seen due to Fett's complete encasement in armor. (Bulloch would appear "in the flesh" in Star Wars many years later, as a pilot in Revenge of the Sith.)

Fett's voice in the films was originally provided by Jason Wingreen, though that was later replaced for the 2004 DVD special edition with dialog by Temuera Morrison. This was done for consistency with the "prequel trilogy" storyline.

Boba Fett was retroactively added to the original film, A New Hope, when a scene between Han Solo and Jabba the Hutt was restored to the film. Bulloch was not used for this cameo appearance, which is uncredited. New Fett scenes were also added to Return of the Jedi, also using different actors.

A young Boba Fett appears in the middle episode of the "prequel trilogy", Attack of the Clones, portrayed by Daniel Logan. This is a fairly minor role, with more focus on his "father", Jango Fett.

Boba Fett was hands down the best of the Burger King Super Deformed toys from 2005's Episode III tie-in toy line. He's one of the water squirters, and the water comes from his left wrist gauntlet.

Boba Fett is also rumored to be a character in the forthcoming live action Star Wars TV series.