My neighbor stopped on the road while I was on my walk yesterday to tell me she didn't recognize me I had lost so much weight. She tells me that in two weeks she'll be done as a Teacher's Aide and will be joining me on my walks. Yesterday I was pleased and looking forward to her company , but today for some reason, I guess I'm feeling a little selfish, I realize that I like going on my walks alone. I like them because it gives me time,in bad moments to refocus on the more positive things in life, or think things through.

Husband and I went to Sears at the Mall yesterday to return a dress shirt. While he shopped for a new one I went to the Ladies Room. Of the three stalls there, two were occupied. As quietly as possible I prepared to go about my business in the third stall. The woman in the first stall began blatantly performing noisy bodily functions, vast reverberating cracks of sounds accompanied by intermittent grousing. I discreetly peered under the stall to see if perhaps a man had mistakenly entered the wrong restroom (my apologies to the male gender for making this assumption, but in all honesty living with three men in my home,this was the only sensible explanation that came mind) The offender was definitely female.
Then the nose blowing began, a honking sound.....loud and echoing around the tiled bathroom. That was it, I could no longer sit quietly and pretend she was not there. My stall mate next to me and I stopped immediately. In silent agreement and having no desire to even see this person, it became a race for time to exit as quickly as possible while the other woman was still in the stall.
My husband revisited this tale many times for the remainder of the day:)

I was surprised to learn that on my husbands side of the family, having two brothers and several male cousins , he is the only person to have male children to pass on his family's name. It was kinda nifty to notice how important this is to him. Asked him to rent the video The Three Kings he brought home The Three Amigos:) Oh well it was a funny movie so we watched it again. Number One Son has been sitting on his Financial Aid award from his college for a month. So much going on for him with the Prom, finals and graduation. I just hope it's not too late for him to receive the Federal Work Study Award.

Number Two Son was excited to get place in Algebra 3-4 his Freshman year of High School, now he's got his sights on Honors Science and has definitely decided to enroll in both Summer School Sessions to get his Foreign Language Requirements out of the way.

Their pro-active attitude about learning amazes me sometimes. I mean Number One Son in the midst of all my illness, hubby working 80 hours a week, and no help from me he still managed to earn recognition in Who's Who Among American High School Students all four years of High School. Number Two Son in Honors Math Classes. Both never missing a quarter on the Honor Roll. A mother couldn't ask for more!

Wisdom says,
Who ever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD.
- Proverbs 8:35 (NRSV)

Devotion