I had a wonderful birthday Saturday! I got what I wanted most of all, have been trying to have for a long time and that's a Family Day. A day spent together doing something fun and as luck would have it and considering everyone's schedule it happened on my birthday. All three cards I got said basically the same thing. I had to smile as they were all from men expressing how they're words go unspoken about how wonderful it is to have me in their lives. Silly guys! I know all that I can tell by all the things they do for me, I love every one of them! My husband bought me a 7½ pound chocolate layer cake with chocolate whipped cream frosting and pink roses. I ate WAY too much of it and got a miagrane, but it was worth every delicious bite! I sent some home with my neighbor and one of Number One Son's friends who happened by and celebrated with us.

We saw The Patiot it was an awesome movie for history fans and those who enjoy clever war strategies. The little girl saying goodbye to her father triggered a few tears and memories of Dad leaving for Vietnam when I was small, for the most part though I really never knew for sure. They would scramble on alert, leave and arrived somewhere in Southeast Asia where he was allowed to call.

Thanks for all the warm fuzzies ! I told my neighbor that I got Birhday Wishes from around the world!

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
- John 16:13 (NRSV)

Devotion