Every once in a while, it's a good thing to take a step back and look at your life from a different perspective.

Last night was not one of those times.

My fiance and I went to visit a friend of ours last night. This girl is...well, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. They were each other's firsts, in a lot of things (except possibly the marriage proposal part of it). They've known each other for about 10 years or so now. I don't know the whole story, and I don't want to. Ask him.
I, on the other hand, hated the girl for a very long time. It's hard not to, when you're competing for the attention of your own first boyfriend with someone he'd never dated and probably hadn't a chance with. And then she wound up dating someone else that I had it bad for (at the time -- I still adore the guy, just not in that way), which hurt even more. Even though it was unintentional on her part. In time, I got over it. And I met her, which helped, so we get along just fine now.

Anyway, we had dinner with her somewhere in the Village or something like that. She brought along one of her lovers. Yes, I did say "one of".

I said I liked the girl, I never said she was "normal"!

We all had a good time. We had dinner, walked around the city for a while, spent some time at her place in Alphabet City, and then my fiance and I went home.

When we got home, it was really late, and we should have gone to sleep, but we stayed up and watched some porn on Skinemax instead. Got to have your priorities, you know.

So, maybe it wasn't what we did last night that would disturb onlookers. Maybe it was just the group of people. Or, maybe it was the fact that while my fiance, the other girl's lover, and I were walking to the F train stop at 2nd and Houston Streets, someone stuck his head out of a cab and asked us if we were all gay. I know I'm a little tall, but I do have breasts!

Ah well. I had a good time, and I don't care what anyone else thinks.