Okay, the obligatory family medical update...

Mom is home with one monster black-purple bruise on her L upper thigh and hip, and she's quite sore, but otherwise she's doing quite well. Uncle John is in the stepdown-ICU at Riverside Methodist Hospital, with no IVs, and he's apparently giving the nurses a hell of a time. *grins* Sounds like my uncle. Anyhow - they found out what was causing the whole thing within an hour of his getting to Riverside. His doctor had somehow managed to prescribe a medication that it was known he was severly allergic to - yup, the renal failure, liver disfunction, blood poisoning, etc. was all caused by medication allergy. Please people - make sure you know the generic and brand names of all meds you allergic to, in case one person uses one brand name and doesn't catch it if you use a different one. Medication allergies can be very, very serious - sometimes fatal. *climbs off soapbox*

I figured out what my schedule will be next quarter, and all I have to say is blehhhhhhhhhhh........

Monday:
8:30am - 10:20am or 11:20am (depends on whether I am put in Nursing Fundamentals II or in Maternal-Child Health)

Tuesday:
8:30am - 11:20am
12:40pm - 3:30pm

Wednesday:
8:30am - 10:20am
12:40pm - 1:30pm
1:40pm - 3:30pm

Thursday:
6:45am - 2:45pm *dies*

Friday:
6:45am - 2:45pm *dies again*

Now don't Thursday and Friday just suck? Oh well - I'll live. And I'm off to have dinner now. Linda came over to cook tonight, and it smells really good.