Signed on February 10th 1763, by John Russell, duke of Bedford, for England, Gabriel de Choiseul, duke of Praslin, for France and Gerom Grimaldi for Spain.

This treaty ended the Seven years war and marked the end of french occupation in North America. (except Saint-Pierre and Miquelon isles (near Newfoundland), that still belong to France even today.)

By this treaty, France ceded territory of Acadia, Newfoundland, Cape Breton Isle and the East bound of the Mississippi to England, while the West bound was ceded to Spain. Later, in 1800, by the San Ildefonso convention, Spain will return its part of Louisianna to France, and Napoleon will sell it to American government in 1803, for 80 millions of Francs.

Treaty of Paris gave the right to practice Roman catholicism to every French citizen in New France (now call Province of Quebec) and also allowed them to sell their goods to British citizens and to leave for France within 18 months. This will cause the fleeing of the French elite, leaving almost only peasants and fur tradders in the Province of Quebec.

The treaty did not determine if Rome was allowed to name a bishop for the territory and establish the sterling pound as the only currency in British North America. It also prevent colonization of all the territories North-West of Ottawa, which were reserved to natives.

Few weeks later, England's government will adopt the Royal Proclamation as the constitutive act of Canada. Nevertheless, it will not last for a long time as a constitutive legislation of Canada, since England's crown will establish the Act of Québec as the constitutive legislation in 1774.