Shower thought is a loose term that applies to any thought you might have while carrying out a routine task like showering, driving, sitting in a doctors office or daydreaming.

Perhaps the best known place to share your shower thoughts, read and discuss other peoples shower thoughts would be /r/Showerthoughts.

/r/Showerthoughts is a default subreddit on Reddit.com for users to post their thoughts, ideas, brainstorms, and philosophical questions that pop into their minds while showering.

/r/Showerthoughts has over 8,000,000 subscribers who enjoy reading and discussing their own, and others shower thoughts.

Some of the shower thoughts there really make you think, some of you make you think "boy do you have that right!" Some make you think WTF??? The highest rated shower thought posted to that subreddit, posted Feb. 1 2014 is:

Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounds super rad if you don't know what either of those things are.

This post has over 33,000 upvotes, double the number of upvotes of the second most popular shower thought ever posted there. The post includes 883 comments from people discussing this shower thought.

Other popular shower thoughts which have been shared through the years on /r/Showerthoughts include:

Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.

with 13,000 upvotes and 1345 comments.

April Fool's Day is the one day of the year when people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.

with 13,000+ upvotes and 777 comments.

There should be confetti in tires so when there is a blow out it's still kind of an okay day

with over 12,000 upvotes and 625 comments

"The Bachelor" is a show about a man dating multiple women at once that is primarily watched by women who hate men who date multiple women at once.

with over 11,000 upvotes and 1444 comments

Senior citizen discounts should just round dollar amounts down so we don't have to wait in line behind them while they dig for change.

with over 10,000 upvotes and 1083 comments

Of all the bodily functions that could be contagious, thank god it's the yawn.

with over 10,000 upvotes and 593 comments, this one is one of my personal favorites because it couldn't be more true.

Other top shower thoughts on /r/Showerthoughts include:

"DO NOT TOUCH" would probably be a really unsettling thing to read in braille.

Maybe 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?' isn't a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach grade schoolers that won't be retained or applicable later in life.

If you aren't at least a little ashamed of your country's history, you don't know your country's history.

Since smart watches can now read your pulse, there should be a feature that erases your browser history if your heart stops beating.

American journalism has gotten to the point that readers are criticized for not fact checking news articles.

My 18 month daughter has reached the intelligence level of The Sims. She can move around, clap at random things and make garbage sounds but everything else we have to direct her to do.

We should have a holiday called Space Day, where lights are to be shut off for at least an hour at night to reduce light pollution, so we can see the galaxy.

Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.

Dogs probably destroy shoes because they see humans put them on before they leave the house.

The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.

The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was a grammar Nazi.

If Goldilocks tried three beds, then Momma Bear and Daddy Bear slept seperately. Baby Bear is probably the only thing keeping the family together.

If colleges really want to prepare high school students for today's job market then they should only accept students who have "at least 2-3 years college experience".

Some other shower thoughts of note posted there include:

I wonder if my dog always follows me into the bathroom when I have to go potty because I always follow him outside when he does and he just thinks that's how it works.

Sleeping in is considered lazy, but going to bed early is not.

Between the coffee and the cocaine, it looks like the mission of Colombia is to wake up the world.

I don't think we're thankful enough that the whole world agreed on the same units of time.

I turned 18 a half hour ago, I've spent 100% of my adult life on reddit.

Dog food could say it's any flavor it wants, you're not going to test it.

I've woken up over 10,000 times and I'm still not used to it.

On any given day in a hospital, you can find people having the best day of their life, the worst day of their life, the first day of their life, and the last day of their life all under one roof.

Girl Scouts is basically a brand-name cookie company that gets away with child labor.

Teenagers drive like they have limited time & old people drive like they have all the time in the world.

Whenever you dig up a rock, it could be the first time it has seen the sun in millions of years.

I drive safer when there's food on my passenger seat than when there's a person sitting there.

Porn sites should enable sorting by the number of people who left the website after watching the video.

I don't get why people are upset we haven't invented hover-boards by 2015 when according to the same movie, we should've had a time machine back in in 1985.

If fish keep declining, future generations will think “plenty of fish in the sea” is a sarcastic quip meaning they will never find anyone.