Being a bachelor means cookin' cheap. It also means non-traditional styles of eating, that may diverge quite a ways from three square meals a day. One of the most common bachelor cooking products is what I call the "5+5 meal" -- you go in the kitchen and 5 minutes later you come out with food that'll take you about 5 minutes to eat. A little more than a snack, a little less than a complete three-course dinner. Herewith a favorite of mine, eggs on toast:

Amounts used may vary person to person and day to day, depending on appetite and tastes, but the general rules here should apply pretty universally.

Ingredients:

two eggs
two slices of bread product (ordinary bread is good; I like English muffins for variety)

If using a real toaster, put the bread in after starting the eggs; if using a toaster oven that only toasts one side at a time, put the bread in first. Adjust for how long it actually takes you to toast bread.

Eggs should be cooked until just beginning to brown around the edges (if you're making over-easy or sunny-side-up fried eggs) or firm but still a little bouncy and sticky (if scrambled). You can adjust this to taste, but you don't want the eggs so cooked that they slide right off the toast, or so runny that they soak in (ewww).

If using the toaster-oven method, and the eggs cool too much before side 2 is finished, put the burner back on low heat and place the frying pan back on it for 30 seconds or so (or hold it just above if using a gas stove). This should warm them without making them overcooked.

Once both eggs and toast are done, butter the toast to taste and add the eggs on top. Eat as an open-faced sandwich. If you scramble the eggs, you'll probably end up with about half an egg's worth left over that slides off the bread; eat that however you normally eat your scrambled eggs if you like.