A friend of the family passed away today. Didn't think it would hit me as bad as it did. Another life snuffed out, another life gone.

John Brem may your soul rest in peace - in our hearts you will live, as always, in perfection and happiness.

On a suitably sombre note, the shitfight that I was expecting (see daylog February 5, 2001 for details) finaly came. Their ENTIRE office came up, dropped off the computers that we required, and made sure to inform us that the hard drives had been wiped. More like absolute deletion (i.e. all zero's written to entire drive). And then I was accused of lying, interfering with a business, and not passing on pertinant equipment. My boss, who needed to speak to them, was suitably pissed off at them - he knew they were lying as much as me. I have never seen this man so much as raise his voice in anger, but today he went red as a raspberry and shouted at the guy for one word - "So"..."you mean to tell me you have deleted the drives, and we don't have our own intellectual property....." The other guys just blanched. They knew they were lying, and were busted as well.

But enough about that.

Budgets were due at work today - for those who have never experienced a budget, I envy you.

Gym beckons. But let me leave you with this thought:

"What makes a road broad?"

Answer in tomorrows daylog.