An land-based unit available to the Undead in the hit 2002 game Warcraft III

Physical Description: Composed of multiple bodies sewn gruesomely together, these huge neanderthals are stretched and stitched skin, broken teeth, massive bloated stomachs, sporting a massive gash where their mixed entrails hang out. They have an additonal limb, and have huge, meat cleaver-like appendages instead of hands.

Requirements: Built at: Slaughterhouse, requires: Black Citadel, allows: none

Spells and Abilities: The Abomination is the "tank" of the Undead army. They receive Unholy armor and Unholy strength upgrades from the Graveyard, despite not having any visible armour. Abominations (and Meat wagons) can also be given the Disease cloud upgrade, which causes enemies that come near them to lose a small number of HP per second for two minutes. This effect does not stack with additional Abominations, but can effectively nullify any natural regeneration that a unit may have.

Gameplay: Abominations are truly awful creations. They herald a level of dominance (or confidence) in an Undead commander. Being tier 3 units, they have large requirements in terms of prerequisites, and are built at the second tier builing that takes longest to build. On the upside though, they have HUGE numbers of HP, and do large amounts of damage, and are the next logical progression to ghouls. Because of their large HP, they are also best paired up with the Death Knight for his Death coil ability, which can heal fully half their HP with a well placed coil. However, they are considered large targets, and are absolutely eaten up by ranged units (with focussed fire). If the enemy moves to lots of archers/spellcasters, switch to ghouls with Ghoul frenzy. Best used for finishing off or assembly in to a spearhead, they move a little slowly compared to other tanks (like the Human knights), and also make a deep, subtle BOOMING sound with each step, giving away their location. But it sounds cool if you are listening for it ;-)



Warcraft III Undead Guide

<<< Shade -- Abomination -- Frost wyrm >>>



Information gleaned from:
  • My own lovingly played copy of Warcraft III
  • www.battle.net/war3
  • www.warcraftiii.net
Copyright information is the property of their respective owners.