the little children shall lead them...

A modern day children crusade occurred recently in Nairobi, Kenya. A nine year old child was hit and killed by a speeding minibus. This enraged children from several schools so much they went on a drunken rampage. Hundreds of students barricaded roads, pelted traders, vehicles with rocks, looting shops, burning a vehicle and consuming the contents of a beer wagon. The children some as young as five years old crusaded in the Nairobi streets for about 8 hours. These children were rioting because their angry at the lack of respect and concern for their safety. They were crusading for speed bumps.

I can't say what all the reasons and events were that led up to this assault on the city. All I have is a short article from oddly enough news. I can only speculate at the passionate angry animalistic rage that flowed through the children of Nairobi on that Monday. Some might have felt a righteous fire as they took over the suburb of Dandora. Some would have not needed a reason just an expression of their ire, a violent physical reaction against their environment. Maybe they were having fun being a part of something bigger then themselves. Whatever the reasons may have been the children at the least made the adults pay attention to them and their frustrations. The outcome of this incident remains to be seen. I truly hope the adults take their punishment and do the required community service of speed bumps and a generous dose of road caution in favor of pedestrians.